Tuesday, December 16, 2008

#FastFriends w/ Cheryl Harrison

I have been following lots of people from central Ohio on twitter.
I began following @CherylHarrison - she tweets often and I find her interesting to follow because she's funny, honest (as far as I can tell) and always giving her opinion on some topic or another. For me, twitter is a place to connect with others, especially those I might not otherwise meet or talk to and it is working out great so far!

A little over a week ago, Cheryl decided she'd like to meet a new person every day for 2 weeks. 14 new people over coffee or lunch or whenever. Great idea don't you think? Check out the schedule she posted. She's since extended it to another week or 2 because she's so popular and had such a great response. Genius idea.

I meet with Cheryl this Thursday. I'm looking forward to it.
Here's where I'd like your help. This whole idea has me thinking about doing my own #FastFriends, but with a twist.
I want to meet at least one new person every week of 2009.
I meet people through business all the time so that really won't be to tough, but this also has me inspired to put a list together.
I'm not planning on stalking anyone (at least not yet) but I like the idea of thinking of people outside my normal circle of influence that I'd like to meet.

What about you?
What would your list look like?

I promise to share my list along with an update after meeting with Cheryl.

3 comments:

Cheryl Harrison said...

GOOD LUCK! Looking forward to meeting with you!

Aahayes said...

I'm starting to consider doing the same thing. With the economy being the way it is, networking is ever so important. Not to mention, the more people I meet in this town the more connected to Columbus I feel. Also, it opens up your world so you meet people whom you wouldn't normally meet. Every conversation I've had with someone I met in person off of twitter has resulted in some sort of learning experience or benefited me in some way whether that is learning something new about the city, a new resource or a friend (I just hope it is mutually beneficial). Good luck!

Phyllis Nichols said...

Aahayes,
You said it perfectly. I learn and benefit everytime I meet someone new. Glad you feel the same way. If you decide to start your own version, let me know!