Monday, August 4, 2008

MeetUp + Twitter = TweetUp in Columbus



This past Wednesday Twitter came to life! I attended the Central Ohio Tweet Up. I was a little nervous since I was going by myself. I walked into the room and was greeted by a group of 5 or 6 guys who were friendly (thank goodness) and knew each other a little from Start Up Weekend.

A fellow twitterer described it as the Columbus developer/programmer crowd plus the public relations/marketing folks. The group was diverse but everyone I met was friendly, super smart and genuinely interested in finding out about others.

Lara Kretler is the “unofficial” organizer with Rocky VanBrimmer as acting MC and all around great guy. I’m glad they got the ball rolling. I’m looking forward to more meetings and of course getting to know the cool people I met there.

This group is also all about doing things, not just talking! There’s a site that tracks Columbus topics and events from Tweets – how cool is that? There's already talk about the next event so if you weren't aware, stay tuned into Twitter for the next announcement.



2 comments:

Lara Kretler said...

Thanks, Phyllis. Glad you came out and hope to see you at future Tweetups!

Van Bro said...

Phyllis,

Great pictures and commentary! Lara did a fantastic job putting this together and set a high bar!

Be following www.thecentralohionetwork.com for more information on next tweetup.

P.S. We have a Flickr group going with photos as well as a facbook group. Feel free to add the pictures there!

http://www.new.facebook.com/group.php?gid=28177427517

http://www.flickr.com/groups/792807@N23/